|The Global Learning Association (GLA) is the trading arm of UKGLAS: a consortium of experienced professionals who are committed to offering high quality services to schools, Local Authorities, government departments and NGOs.|
GLA Associates have current or recent experience as International Education Advisers for Local Authorities, as Global Education Co-ordinators, in other advisory posts, as trainers and advisers to government departments. Most have substantial experience of working with teachers and networks overseas, of creating curriculum materials or managing substantial projects for the European Commission and other funders. The GLA offer: The GLA can provide expert teams or individual associates to fulfil a wide range of contracts. Here are a few examples:
- Leading or hosting international professional development visits
- Supporting schools, clusters and Local Authorities in applications for international partnership programmes
- Project monitoring and evaluation (from individual schools to large multilateral projects)
- Planning, delivery and evaluation of training for teachers, heads, governors and ITE
- Project application panels and applicant interviews
- Curriculum research and development
- Keynote speakers for conferences
Current and recent GLA contracts:
1. Assessment of all International School Award applications (British Council)
2. Content work on the British Council ‘Schools Online’ website
3. International Education support for Oxfordshire County Council
4. Professional Development visits by groups of teachers from elsewhere in Europe funded through Erasmus + Key Action 1 grants. For example:
‘Preventing Failure, Leading for Success’ which took place in Lincoln and London 13-19 March 2016
For further details or to discuss a specific contract please contact: Ray Kirtley Global Learning Association, c/o School of Education, University of Hull, Hull, HU6 7RX.
Tel: +44 7453 476869 or +44 1482 465125 Email: R.Kirtley@hull.ac.uk
We are open to invitations to run courses anywhere in the UK.
The GLA can also help to direct schools with successful Erasmus + Key Action 1 applications to courses run by members outside of the UK. Themes include:
– Teaching a Foreign Language in primary schools (French and Spanish)
– School management and leadership
– Outdoor education
Please contact R.Kirtley@hull.ac.uk for further details
Other events recommended by the GLA include Erasmus + and eTwinning conferences.